I wish we could have predictable flying weather during the winter!
We came up with a great solution; our Perpignan base. Perpignan is a beautiful medieval city situated on the south coast of France and only a short drive from Spain. This offers much milder winter weather and the wind is generally down the runway.
It is also a great place to holiday with the family whilst you build your hours. The Mediterranean coast is a short drive away, offering the usual water sports, beach activities and restaurants. You could also venture into the Pyrenees and explore on foot or bicycle, or for the more adventurous try white water rafting. The local area is a great source of food, art and wine so you’ll be sure to find something to suit all family members.
Extra flying benefits include:
- We can maximise your flying time during your stay
- Highly experienced English-speaking instructors, motivated to getting you through your licence
- Modern, clean, well equipped aircraft with glass cockpits
- CAA approved training base
- Fully equipped airfield and full air traffic control so you are exposed to correct procedure from day one, and can fly in a wide variety of air space to give you more experience and confidence. You can return home happy to mix with commercial traffic and confident in any airfield environment
- Modern, purpose built training facilities with air conditioning, student rest area and refreshments
- On site engineering facilities reducing aircraft down time
- Excellent year round flying
- Great winter getaway – don’t sit at home staring at fog and rain and suffering from interrupted training, combine your flying with winter sun. And being so close to the Pyrenees you could always mix in some skiing while you’re there